Sunday 14 June 2015

My Favourite Minecraft YouTubers

Now, I am someone who is obsessed with the internet. Literally obsessed. Ever since I got my first computer back in August 2012, (My 11th Birthday present) I am always on it, every day from when I get home to when I go to bed. Now this might seem bad, but it is something I love.

One thing that I have really enjoyed on the internet is YouTube.

Now, I'm sure most of you reading this know what YouTube is, but if you haven't been on the internet for 10 years and have no clue what I am going on about, I will explain.

YouTube is a place where anyone can make and upload videos to share with the world. Google own YouTube, and have done since 2006. It is a great way to create content and connect with those who enjoy the same type of videos as you. There are so many different types of videos: ranging from vlogging, (video blogging) to comedy, gaming, and even weird challenge videos!

There are many different types of YouTube videos I like to watch, but my particular favourite is gaming, especially those who play a wonderful game called Minecraft (I won't explain what that is, if you don't know, just google it and thousands of explanations will appear!)

I'll now go through some of my favourite Minecraft YouTubers. They are all child friendly, one of the main reasons I like them!

1. Stampylonghead/nose - A fantastic Minecraft YouTuber with almost 6 million subscribers. He has been making Minecraft videos for over 3 years & has even began an educational YouTube channel (Wonder Quest) teaching children about different things through Minecraft! I have been watching him since March 2014, and found out about him thanks to my sister. His jolly voice, funny puns, and awesome way of explaining how he was doing things in the game are the main reasons I like him. Some of my favourite series on his channel include Sky Den (a Minecraft series where him & Sqaishey try to survive on a island in the sky and build funny creations), Broken Age: Act 2 (a point and click video game he is playing through which has a fascinating story line and great characters) & Lovely World (The name of his main Minecraft survival series, where he builds games and shops with friends) Nearly everyone who has a younger brother/sister who likes Minecraft will have heard of him! He plays the character of a cat in his videos.

2. Netty Plays - A very friendly, funny Minecraft YouTuber who has around 160,000 subscribers. She was first noticed due to being Stampy's sister, and appearing on one of his series. However, she has done very well in getting known as Netty, not ''Stampy's sister'' I have had the pleasure of speaking to her and featuring in a few of her videos. Having been making videos since May 2014, I have watched her from the beginning, and am impressed at how well she is doing at the game. My favourite thing about her is her fan interaction with trying to reply to everyone on twitter, and chatting with people if she sees them on a game. My favourite series on her channel are Marvellous Mountain (a series where Netty and her friend Tomohawk survive on a cool world), Lucky Blocks (a Minecraft series where Netty & her friend MiniMuka break blocks to see how lucky they will be) & Mystery Mini-games (a Minecraft series where Netty invites a mystery guest to play a Minecraft mini-game with her) Netty is probably the Minecraft YouTuber I watch the most & she plays the character of a bush baby in her videos.

3. Sqaishey Quack - A very positive, happy Minecraft YouTuber who recently hit 400,000 subscribers. She was first noticed through making a game for Stampy, and being on his channel. However, she has her own wonderful fanbase, and has some very exciting series on her channel. I had the pleasure of meeting her in person, and she was so kind, My favourite series on her channel are probably Cloud Nest (a Minecraft series where she is on an island in the sky trying to survive and building things), Super Happy Fun Time (a super happy fun Minecraft series where her and Stampylongnose survive on a fun world, set challenges for each other, and have a great time) & Feather Adventures (her main Minecraft survivial world where she builds games, shops, and plays with friends) She plays the character of a duck in her videos, and is always so positive & jolly.

4. Tomohawk1989 - A very entertaining Minecraft YouTuber, who recently hit 50,000 subscribers. Tom has been making videos since January 2014, and I have been watching him since Jine 2014. He uses his awesome love of biscuits as a main part of his channel, along with funny jokes, and overall friendliness, which are some of the main reasons I like him. Some of my favourite series on his channel are Build it for a Biscuit, (A Minecraft series where Tom invites a friend for a build-off battle on a certain theme and the winner is voted for in the comments) Tom's Survival Series (where he had to survive) & Ender Beds (A Minecraft series with another YouTuber where they are trying to kill the main boss in Minecraft, an Ender Dragon, with just beds)

These are only a few of the thousands of Minecraft YouTube channels, I watch loads of other channels too, but these are the main 4.

I hope this blog helped you in some way if you are getting into Minecraft, or if you are into Minecraft, seeing what other people enjoyed. Have a great week, and thanks for reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment